Table of Contents
- 1 Brio Train Set Review: Types of Bio Train
- 1.1 Brio Classic Figure 8 Set
- 1.2 Brio Deluxe Railway Set
- 1.3 Schylling Brio Farm Railway Set
- 1.4 BRIO Cargo Railway Deluxe Set
- 1.5 BRIO Rail and Road Loading Set
- 1.6 BRIO Railway World Deluxe Set
- 1.7 BRIO Metro Railway Set
- 1.8 BRIO Roller Coaster Set Train
- 2 SUMMARY
Train sets have been around for generations and have withstood the test of time even as new types of children’s toys continue to be released on the market. The line of Brio train sets brings joy and ensures hours of fun as the kids enjoy recreating what they have seen on their favorite TV shows and also what they see in the world around them. This Brio Train set review will give you some ideas of the kind of train along with their advantages and disadvantages.
|First Choice||BRIO Classic Figure 8 Set||$||4.8/5|
|Second Choice||BRIO Farm Railway Set||$||4.6/5|
|Third Choice||Brio 33052 Deluxe Railway Set||$$$||4.5/5|
The grown-ups are not left out as there is something nostalgic about train sets that wakes up the inner child in all of us, no matter our age. This nostalgic feeling is often accompanied by vivid memories of those carefree days when growing up and listening to the sound of trains clanking on their tracks or a train whistle blowing.
The beauty of train sets is that they give you the chance to share a part of you with your kids that still has a passion for toys. A train set purchase is probably for the children, but let’s be honest, you will probably enjoy it as much as they do and everyone will be left with a smile on their face. As your children grow older you can upgrade from the train sets designed for the younger kids and move on to more advanced train sets.
Brio Train Set Review: Types of Bio Train
The Brio Trains Classic Figure 8 Set is designed with the timeless Brio standards and is a quality wooden train set that is built to survive the hands of many children over its lifetime.
The set is designed with both fun and education. It is the expected results of every interaction that your kids will have with this set. The wooden design is meant to ensure a quality train that will deliver value for its cost. It can easily be handed over to younger kids as the older ones grow up. The set is aimed at engaging play and learning.
The Classic Figure 8 Set is made from solid beech wood and does not require batteries or motors as it does not have lights or sounds. The set is completely powered by creativity. The set has 22 pieces including 14 track sections, a special crossing bridge, an all wood Brio station, and three trees.
This set is available on Amazon.com for less than $50.00 with free shipping.
- No battery expenses.
- Has numerous parts that form a variety of activities that promote creativity.
- Made out of solid wood ensuring durability.
- The lack of lights and sounds may limit the excitement.
This set offers a combination of play, educational value, and good pricing ensuring that you get your money’s worth. The durability of this train set makes it possible to pass the set on to younger siblings.
This set is designed to let kids engage in learning as a part of their playtime, growing with them through their various stages of development.
The Brio’s ultimate railway plays experience with a complete working city. This set allows the child to drive a motorized city train around the city. Your child can pull into the metro station to pick up passengers through the sliding doors on the train. This set is battery powered and the engine is equipped with lights and sounds. It also has a second passenger train that your kids can take into the two story station to pick up passengers who can disembark and then move to the lower level using the mechanical elevator.
The Brio Deluxe Railway Set is available on Amazon.com for less than $260.00 with free shipping.
- Lights and sound give the train an authentic appeal.
- A mechanical elevator and crane make playtime exciting.
- Made of solid Beech wood ensuring durability.
- This set is not designed for children less than three years old.
- Battery replacement adds to the cost of the set.
This set provides a wide range of activities to engage children and reduces boredom. The price might be a bit on the high side but the price is justified by the quality of the pieces.
Just for fun and to give you a better visual information of the product – Here is a short video of the 33052 Deluxe Brio Train Set.
It shows a detailed narration of what your kids can do with the set and shows you all the features of the 33052 Deluxe train set from Brio. 🙂
The Schylling Brio Trains Farm Railway Set is designed to be easy to put together. This set has no flashing lights, sounds, or battery operated motors and relies entirely on the kids’ energy and imagination. The pieces are small enough to fit the hands of young children and are solidly built.
The set has 20 pieces. It includes a train engine, cargo car, and a farm tractor with trailer. There is also a two story barn, a track crossing, a cow, a horse, a hay bale, and fencing. The kids can store their hay in the two story barn loft, unloading it using a mechanical, magnetic barn hoist.
This set is designed for kids ages three and older.
The Schylling Brio Farm Railway Set is available at Amazon.com for less than $60.00 with free shipping.
- Not battery powered, saving on operating costs.
- Made out of solid wood ensuring durability.
- The set has eight track sections and a special track crossing for expanded off track adventures.
- It lacks lights and sound.
This set is a basic train set but there is nothing basic about what it delivers with advanced parts like the mechanical crane which will fascinate young ones as well as numerous activities that your kids can undertake when playing with the set. The set offers a good mix of simplicity, quality, and good pricing offering you value for your money.
This is the BRIO Cargo Deluxe Railway Train set. It is a medium to large size set consisting of about 54 pieces. The set is complete with all the necessary train accessories you or your child need to have a complete, ready-to-run or play train set. This provides you with a great imaginative and creativeness options.
The 54 pieces consists of several pieces of cranes, bridges, cargo, trucks, rocks, and other things that adds more details to the set. Great thing about this Brio train set is that it uses two battery-operated trains which add movement to the set without the need to touch or push.
- The wooden train set comes in a large bin which makes things more organized.
- It is recommended for children with ages 3 and higher as it greatly develops their mind’s creativity and imagination.
- The set already has all the things your child needs in assembling a ready-to-run set.
- It has battery operated train engine cars to provide independent movement in the set.
- The batteries are non-included in the set. For something a little bit expensive, it should have been free.
A great train set for kids is not measured by price or expensiveness. It is about what it brings to your train table. This set would provide a fully loaded table with all the accessories needed for your kids. Below is a short video summary of this amazing deluxe brio train set:
The organization of the set due to the large bin is also a plus as there would be no scattered pieces. All can fit inside the bin.
The Brio Rail and Road Train Loading set is one of the short and small set for kids but complete with 32 pieces of train tracks, cars and accessories needed for a complete set. It features a railroad construction, bringing your children’s imagination into the world of rail and roads.
This 32 pieces set consists of a train engine car, crane car, trucks, magnet boulders, flatbed and more. Most of those pieces also have special functions. The crane pivots so that your kids can actually experience how it is like to load and unload cargo.
- The set uses wooden train tracks and cars of standard design. It is most likely compatible with major brands of wooden railway set.
- Best for children of 3 years and higher. It can widen the scope of their imagination and promote a healthy play style.
- It is complete, durable and versatile being a cheap and affordable set.
- There are so many small, choke-hazard pieces that it is not recommended for kids with age of 3 years and below.
- Does not have any motorized or battery operated pieces. No lights, sound, movement.
This set is designed to bring about certain experiences, driven by your kid’s imagination. This will also enhance certain set of skills such as hand-eye coordination, motor skills, logical or reasoning skills.
Next is a slightly expensive set of Brio. It features a deluxe set that brings about a large Railway World. The set comes in 2 plastic bins, a large and extra-large size container. It has so many parts and train accessories included. There are also a lot of cars, trains, planes, boats, stations, towers, bridges and more, included in the set.
This is great for entertaining and developing several kids at home. It is too much for a single child to play with this set as it has so many. This will take up a long time with only one kid assembling the set. A child-parent play also works best for this set. You can have this as a great way to teach your kids about the world and create a strong relationship bond.
- It may be expensive but it actually kind of saves you some amount if you have several kids at home.
- You do not need to buy each of your kid a toy or a set as this can greatly accommodate all or most of them.
- It is a great way of developing and enhancing your kid’s talent and skills. The set is good for improving motor skills, hand-eye coordination, logical skills and more.
- The set is not an ideal train Brio railway set for starters. It is very large and complicated if assembled single handedly.
- Does not have any battery operated features.
Regardless of the price, who would not want a complete set that comes with so many pieces? The more the parts and accessories are, the greater and wider the imagination would tend to go. The skills and talent’s development your child will get is incomparable with price.
The Brio Railway Metro Set features a city or metro train setting. This is a small set of 20 pieces. It has a battery powered/operated train car, train station, wooden tracks and human figures to make the set a little realistic. It also features a small tunnel section across the other part of the track or opposite to the train station.
Compared to other Brio sets, this is designed with meticulously remarkable details. The train cars however, might not be compatible with other train cars as it doesn’t use standard magnet couplings used by most wooden train wooden toys.
- It comes with a simple oval train wooden tracks and other accessories that creates a detailed train set.
- The Metro Set of Brio is one of the cheapest, ready-to-run or play, train sets.
- Batteries are already included.
- Recommended for ages 3+.
- The tracks and other accessories can be used if you plan on integrating the set with other expansion train wooden set but the train cars might be of no use as it is not compatible.
This is a nice starter or beginner set for kids who is just starting to have their first train toy experience. You can later on decide on purchasing an expansion set and a collection of wooden train cars.
This is a simple and cheap set from BRIO. It features a roller coaster set with tracks that forms a simple-8 figure. The set consists of 22 pieces, complete with train engine and cars. The tracks have 14 sections that are compatible to be expanded and attached with other wooden track set.
The nice thing about this set is that all parts are made from wood. There are no small pieces in the set. It is a blocked type inspired train set which could accommodate a child of 2 years old. The train cars use standard magnet couplers, enabling it to attach with Major brands and other wooden train sets.
- It is fairly simple and very easy to assemble. It is the best set for starters or beginners.
- The set is very cheap but made to last as all parts are crafted from the finest and solid wood construction.
- All parts and pieces are large. No need to worry about choking-hazard.
- The set, especially the train cars, are very simple.
- The details are not that comprehensive.
- There are no special features such as lighting, motor or sound.
Other than a beginner’s set. This is also good as practical toys for a family having a tight budget as it is cheap and affordable while being able to provide the same amount of benefits like with the expensive ones.
The Brio Deluxe Railway Set is the ultimate Brio train set. It should be your number one choice if you are not working with a limited budget. The solid wood construction and features like lights and sound makes it a good choice for kids.
If you are looking for a countryside theme for you then the Schylling Brio Farm Railway Set should be your number one pick. Complete with animals, fencing, and a two story barn, this train is sure to delight the children in your life.
If you are on a budget you should consider the Brio Classic Figure 8 Set as it combines quality, simplicity and fair pricing.