Table of Contents
- 1 Best Train Sets For Kids: Plastic Trains
- 2 Best Wodden Train Set For Kids
- 3 Best Train Set and Table
Train sets include so many wonderful elements, it’s no surprise that children love them. Train sets for kids provide a way for them to exercise their imagination and creativity. Even as these timeless toys are redesigned and remodeled, they still hold the same appeal for our children as they did to us when we were kids. Enhancing the child’s brain, it is just proper for you as a parent to get the best train sets for kids.
|Thomas the Train: All Around Sodor(Discontinued by manufacturer)||100-Piece Orbrium Toys Triple-Loop Wooden Train Set Fits Thomas Brio Chuggington||KidKraft Waterfall Mountain Train Set and Table|
Finding the right train set can be an overwhelming task because they include so many things. When looking to purchase a new train set, start by thinking of what type you would like. Here are three best train sets in plastic, wood, and on a table.
Best Train Sets For Kids: Plastic Trains
Once your toddler has the physical dexterity to move and play with objects, a train set is a great toy to encourage these skills. Toddlers love to put things in their mouth, so plastic is a great way to go. This Thomas the Train set includes a train, different track pieces, including a bridge, and a station. The train is also battery-run and talks when you press a button.
- Thomas the Train is a classic character that most children love.
- The track is colorful: there are five different colors.
- Set up is easy: just click the track pieces together.
- The train track is small enough to fit on a coffee table, but still large enough to have fun with.
- Thomas the train can be moved both on the track and off the track
- It is primarily made for the toddler stage.
- The track is a figure eight loop, so it can become repetitive.
For a good time as well as seeing one of the best train sets for kids in action, here is a clip that covers unboxing of the set and playing with it:
You could really see the joy in that kid’s face as she plays around with Thomas the train.
Best Wodden Train Set For Kids
If your child loves to build things, check out this train set. There are 100 pieces including tracks, trains, a bridge, trees, signs, buildings and people. Because there are so many pieces, there are an infinite amount of ways to set up the track. All of the pieces are made of solid beech wood.
- The track can be configured in many different ways so it can grow with your child’s imagination.
- There are expansion add-on sets available.
- The details are all hand-painted, not stickers.
- While there are 100 pieces, most of those pieces are not train tracks pieces.
Best Train Set and Table
Having a train set on a table brings a whole new element to play. The height of a table allows a child to better maneuver around the set and to see the toy from a whole new angle. This set includes train tracks, cars, a bridge, a waterfall, a helicopter, buildings, and people.
- There are three plastic bins that slide under the table for extra storage.
- There is a 1 ½ inch lip on the table to keep the train parts from falling off the edge.
- The table is sturdy and comes with metal brackets to keep it upright.
- While toddlers can play with the train, be careful if they want to climb onto the table.
- At over $130.00, this train set is expensive. If it is out of your budget, the same set up can be found by buying smaller, less expensive sets and combining them over time.
Seeing the wonderment on a child’s face as they play with their train set is amazing. The above guide to the best train sets for kids should make finding the right train set that meets your child’s age and ability where they are at right now. Whether it’s plastic, wood, or on a table, there is a train set waiting for your child to play with. So put on your conductor’s hat and hop on board!